Café Quartz 6-year Commercial Warranty
Looking After Your Café Quartz Countertops
Café Quartz is easygoing and doesn’t need a lot of attention to keep its good looks. To clean Café Quartz use warm water and a mild detergent, or a spray-and-wipe-type cleaner for the best results.
Unlike marble and granite, Café Quartz is virtually non-porous and doesn’t need sealing to prevent stains and keep its shine. If you need more than a mild detergent to get rid of stubborn marks use a nonabrasive cream cleanser, such as liquid Chemico, and a non-scratch pad. Always rinse with clean water to remove any residue.
Café Quartz is quite heat resistant, beating most man-made surfaces and even marble and limestone. Anything below 100°C should not damage the material, however Café Quartz can burn or warp if exposed to sudden high-temperature changes. Because it’s better to be safe than sorry, we recommend that hot pots and pans never be placed directly on the surface. Rather use a hot pad or trivet on the surface and under cooking units such as electric frying pans, crock pots, or roaster ovens.
Cleaning Agents to Avoid
Café Quartz can be permanently damaged if it’s exposed to unduly strong chemicals and solvents. Never clean your Café Quartz countertops with products that contain trichloroethane or methylene chloride, often found in paint removers. Rather avoid using aggressive cleaning products like oven cleaners and dishwasher cleaning agents. Products that contain oils or powders may leave a residue and should be rinsed off thoroughly. If your countertops accidentally get exposed to any of these damaging products, rinse immediately with clean water to neutralize the effect.
Café Quartz Commercial Warranty – 6 Years
International Slab Sales (Pty) Ltd. Reg No. 1996/011537/07 (“the Distributor”) hereby furnishes a limited warranty (“the Warranty”) to any purchaser of Café Quartz products (“the products”) that the products will be free from manufacturing defects for a period of 6 years from the date of installation.
For the avoidance of doubt:
- The Warranty is available only to a person (natural or juristic) who was the owner of a Commercial property at the time when the Product was originally installed (“the Purchaser”);
- Commercial property shall relate to any location within the Republic of South Africa, which is open to the general public for business use, private properties subject to residential or commercial rental or lease, or properties designated as restaurants, hotels, motels or other temporary residence applications;
- Commercial installations shall relate to all surface installations in a Commercial property.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
This warranty shall:
- Only apply to products that were installed in Commercial Property after 1 December 2015;
- Expire upon transfer of ownership of the structure to any third party or after a period of 6 years from date of installation has elapsed, whichever the earlier;
- Not be valid in instances where the product has not been paid in full; and;
- At all times be subject to the terms and conditions herein contained.
This Warranty shall apply for interior use only and only when the product is:
- Properly installed;
- Maintained in accordance with The Guidelines for Care and Maintenance (which are available on request or on line at www.cafequartz.co.za) and which forms part of this warranty;
- Used solely for the specific purpose of countertops and/or wall cladding;
- Permanently installed and has not been moved from the original installation.
The Distributor shall only be responsible for proven manufacturing defects in the product, which shall be determined by the distributor in its sole and absolute discretion. The Distributor will have the right at all times to examine the purportedly defective product and its installation and maintenance. Any remedy against the Distributor shall be, at the Distributor’s sole discretion, to either replace the defective product with the equivalent product or refund the purchase price. The warranty is exclusive and in lieu of any other warranty expressed or implied including any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for purpose, or other warranty of quality, whether expressed or implied, and all other liabilities or obligations on the part of the distributor or Café Quartz.
Under no circumstances will the distributor be liable for direct, indirect, general, special, incidental, consequential, or other damages of any kind whatsoever, regardless of the cause of such damage.
This Warranty does not cover:
- Any cost or expenses incurred or relating to the removal and/or re installation of the product or replacement of the product and/or transportation costs and/or loss of profit and/or any other related expenses.
- Flooring applications.
- Any outdoor application.
- Instances where the product is/was used improperly or abused or has suffered impact damage.
- Instances where the product has been exposed to excessive heat, (over 100 degrees Centigrade.)
- Routine maintenance.
- Improper installation.
- Any chemical damage.
- Any creative use of the material including bending or curving.
- Material that has been milled or reduced in thickness.
- The altering of any factory applied finish.
- Natural variations in the colour, size, shape and distribution of the pattern of the natural quartz or the natural variations in background tone.
- Spots or blemishes which are inherent in the manufacturing process and do not affect the structural integrity of the material.
- Instances where the product information on the back of each slab has been removed. Removing this product information will void the warranty.